Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HardSID PCI Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Johns

Hi :)

Just wondered if anyone has any advice on the feasibility/likelihood of being able to get this card repaired. It's a pretty rare PCI Card that lets you use good old Commodore 64 SID (Sound Chips) in a modern(ish) PC.

I've had it quite a long time and several months ago I was messing about trying to some chips in it late at night, when I idiotically placed a SID chip into it the wrong way round (which the manual specifically warns against, as it can damage the chip and the card doh!) and hey presto, it no longer works properly. I only get one voice coming from any good chip that is inserted (there should be 3 voices).

Will someone somewhere be able to diagnose the issue, or is it time for the bin :(

Thanks
Ian.

IMG_3823 (1).JPG
IMG_3822 (1).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back