Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hand vs. Liquid Nitrogen and the Leidenfrost effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, try and get your hand in and out in under a second. I don't know how long exactly you have, but I don't think you want to find out.

I used to fill liquid nitrogen dewars on a regular basis and I did get to play with it from time to time. There are all sort of fun things you can do with cryogenic liquids.
Here are some of the fun but harmless ones.

Freezing insects is neat!
Spray a fine mist over yourself when your hot and sweaty you get fog rolling off of you!
Dip your co workers gloves in it and then shatter them!
Implode balloons!
Crack some types of rocks!
Freeze your coworkers lunch so solid it takes half his lunch time to thaw it out in the microwave!

i used to fill liquid nitrogen dewars on a regular basis and i did get to play with it from time to time. There are all sort of fun things you can do with cryogenic liquids.
Here are some of the fun but harmless ones.

Freezing insects is neat!
Spray a fine mist over yourself when your hot and sweaty you get fog rolling off of you!
Dip your co workers gloves in it and then shatter them!
Implode balloons!
Crack some types of rocks!
Freeze your coworkers lunch so solid it takes half his lunch time to thaw it out in the microwave!

hehe...now that is called some fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back