Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Halloween 'Lightning' Effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tijaiha

Looking to spice up our Halloween decorations on our porch with a bit of lightning.

I've been looking around the internet for a schematic to no avail, and my electronics knowledge is pretty limited. (I am working on another project, but just following the schematic and parts list to assemble it, but that is completely unrelated.)

I'm thinking perhaps ultra bright LEDs in reflective cones that could flash in a semi random 'lightning' effect, that would all be pointed in different directions or located at random spots. I don't have many limitations on size or power supply, AC preferred.

Could anyone help point me in the right direction?

The attached cct will give you a couple of 'lightning' flashes every so often. There is the problem that it's not random, and just keeps repeating the same pattern. VCC can be up to 15V if you use the 4060, just adjust the resistor to the LED(s) to set the current.

Attachments

• LIGHTNING.gif
    LIGHTNING.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 199
I once add an SCR to some disposable camera flash boards, so the fire automatically. Had three going at the same time, neighbors thought it was lightning. They don't charge at the same rate, so the flashes aren't synchronized. Pretty good effect, and very cheap, I got the used cameras for free, just for asking at a photo lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back