Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall Sensor Outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineergc

Hi,

My purpose is in this circuit is obtain 3 outputs as motor rotation direction(cw and ccw) and motor rotation. Motor rotation output gives 5 volt when motor turn otherwise it gives 0V output.Motor rotation output doesn't depend on motor rotation direction. By using CD4013B I wil obtain CW and CCW signals. But at the output I expect at least 50 ms pulses therefore I used LTC6993 entegres to obtain 50 ms outputs.
In this design hall3 output is my reference.By using CD4013B flip flops system determines hall sensor orders.If order is hall1,hall2,hall3 bldc motor turns to CW. When order of hall sensors is hall1,hall3 and hall2 motor turn to ccw. Also system has 3 main outputs.These are cw,ccw and rotation outputs.When motor turns rotation output gives 5V,otherwise it gives 0V. If motor turns to CW, CW output is 5V and ccw output is 0V.When motor turns to ccw, ccw output is 5v and cw output is 0V. This BLDC motor phasing is 120 degree.
My problem is; I can not obtain cw and ccw outputs correctly. When motor turns to CW outputs is 0V and CCW is 5V. And also I changed motor rotation direction after 200ms. But I can not obtain correct waveforms at the outputs of CW,CCW and rotation. Could you help me what are the wrong things in my design?

Attachments

• 07.11 1.PNG
    07.11 1.PNG
    132 KB · Views: 175
  • 07.11 2.PNG
    07.11 2.PNG
    121.3 KB · Views: 157
Hi EGC,

You only need two sensor outputs. Then all you need to do to determine motor rotation direction is to choose one sensor as the time reference and then compare the period between the reference pulse and the second sensor pulse: short-long= one motor direction and long-short = the opposite motor direction. The circuitry to do this comparison is quite simple, I think.:)

spec

PS: which part of Turkey are you from? If you put it next to 'Location' on your user page it will show in the box at the left of your posts.

Last edited:
hi,
Your front end 4013 logic is wrong.
Check this LTS sim, using 2 CW rotations.

E

Attachments

• A05.gif
    A05.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Hallrpm1.asc
    3.5 KB · Views: 124
Normally a BLDC motor requires 3 hall sensors to commumutate each of the 3 windings.
The relationship/alignment is shown in this PDF.

Max.

Attachments

• commutation.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 141
In this design 3 hall sensors(hall1, hall2 and hall3) are used.Actually I want to change my design.Since CD4013 provide only control of rising edges., but I want to control all of edges. I will follow these steps respectively;
1)By using Hall1, Hall2 and HALL3 sensor outputs and XOR gates, I will obtain more signal that has smaller period with same manner rotation output in my design. By using xor gates with hall sensor outputs I obtained input of rotation. I will make same thing.
2)Then I will use output of xor gates as input of a flip flop to catch both rising and falling edges. Output of this flip flop will be input of a clock.
3)By using this clock as input I will desing a system like finite state machine to control direction rotation of motor. If motor turns to CW, CW output will 5V and ccw output is 0V.When motor turns to ccw, ccw output will 5v and cw output is 0V.
My question is how I can design this type circuit? How finite state machine should be?
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back