Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall Effect Sensor Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

spetro3387

I have a robotics project that I am working on at my University. I need to gain control of the accelerator and brake pedals of a gold cart. They both use hall effect sensors that vary a voltage between .5 and 4.5 volts. .5 being the minimum braking and acceleration and 4.5 the maximum. The output voltages from the sensors get fed into a motor controller. All of the equipment that I am putting on the cart will be running off a power source separate from the 48V source the cart has. My plan is to use a basic stamp micro-controller that will be sent serial commands from the computer to adjust the voltages to certain levels at a certain rate. Great, that will work out fine. The part I do not understand is that how do I control an external power source which is in fact different from the source that is powering the stamp. The stamp can simulate a 0 to 5v analog output, but that would mean running it off of the carts power source. Any suggestions? Thanks.

This is what switching transistors are for.

Probably thinking about it too hard =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back