Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Haier HLT71 7" LCD TV - Newb looking for Service Docs and/or Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMIL

Hello everyone. As mentioned in the subject, I'm a newb with limited knowledge in electronic (actually was EE in college but lost steam about the time I ran into E-Mag Field Theory). I do enjoy "tinkering" though. Have had some success repairing car amplifiers and thought to broaden my horizons with this portable lcd tv.

Failure Symptom:
Unit powers on and speakers/audio seem to function. LCD video, however, can barely be seen. I've always been led to believe this is most likely a back light issue relating to an inverter circuit failure.

I have identified at least one failed diode at board desginator, D25 (Unit board info below). Have scoured the net looking for ANY service documentation (ie Schematics, BOM with part # and desigs) but have had no luck. I've made a good faith effort to read forums and learn on my own and reached an impasse.

Sorry for the long winded post and I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions you may have.

Kyle

Haier Model HLT71 7" Digital LCD TV
s/n 090801361
PCB: 0010-TVS3970A-F02 THK:1.2MM Rev-0 2009-07-11

If any form of video can be seen - it is most likely a backlight issue; if it is CCFT based, I would first check to see if the tube is broken, before anything else. On an LCD of that size, it shouldn't be too difficult to replace, if you're careful (I've done larger LCD panels - one on a laptop, the other a monitor; it isn't too difficult if you take your time, and keep everything clean and organized). If the tube looks ok, then pick up a small PSU board to test it from All Electronics or similar. Once you've ruled out the tube, then work on the PSU side of things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back