Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Had a PCB produced by futurlec

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing a couple of PCB designs for a mate I was eager to design my own.

I came up with the idea for circuit that converts a decimal/hexadecimal number from a matrix keypad to a binary number .
This is basically what the PCB does.
By using a 74HC164 shift register, It is possible to get 8 bits/a byte of data from the outputs lines.

It also has push-on push-off outputs and momentary on outputs.

It comes in handy for things like manually testing LCD's or chips that require an SPI interface.

It is shown assembled on my new site and there is also a YouTube Video: Jake's Electronics | Kits, Tutorials, Projects and More.

Or click the attached file to see the PCB...

Attachments

• Keypad-Interface-PCB.gif
    Keypad-Interface-PCB.gif
    324.6 KB · Views: 211
Looks very nice and professional, shame about 'arragement', but them I'm a pedant. Nice looking website as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back