Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge with PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino_hasan

How I drive MOSFET IRF540 & IRF9540 on my H-Bridge circuit but it's control from PIN PWM (OC0) ATMEGA16??I've been try but the result just make the motor dc direction reverse and forward. :mad:

SO it sounds like you have everything working with the forwrard and reverse right? YOu just want to make it so you can adjust the speed now? Are you asking how to set up the PWM pin on the ATMEGA16 in software?

yes, but...

yes...
what i want is the driver not only reverse-forward but also can controlled the output voltage (in this case i controlled the speed).
For the PWM program for ATMEGA16 i've make and it work.

THe driver is probably an H-bridge (you can google for that one or search the forums). It lets you have forward/reverse for the motor. For speed control, you just PWM the inputs to the H-bridge.

If you are looking for something to drive the mosfets in the H-bridge with a signal from your microcontroller, I have used the LT1158. It seems pretty robust and can adequately drive paralleled mosfets for more power. There are other drivers available, but I like this one because it requires only a single PWM input to drive both top and bottom mosfets. In other words, you don't have to worry about programming a delay to avoid having both top and bottom conducting at the same time. John

Also consider looking at the H bridge MOSFET drivers from Intersil.

I've used a few from them and had very good results - they are also nice people to deal with and answer their emails promptly :)

PWM that control speed

hi
i am new in this forun,i want to ask izzit ccp1 and ccp2 control the speed of the whell?and wat is the different of CCP1L and CCP1H??? i set alr y my motor still can not move??? i m using power windows as my dc motor and pic16f877a. ur help will much appresiated!! thz

nelson,
See the datasheet. In mine, it is Table 8-4, page 70. To wit: "15h CCPR1L Capture/Compare/PWM Register 1 (LSB)
16h CCPR1H Capture/Compare/PWM Register 1 (MSB)"

The datasheet goes into much more detail about how to write the LSB's and MSB's of these words and what they do. John

thz for reply....
do u got any simple sample code that can control the speed?? it can help more easy to understand!! i set the CCP1L,CCP1CON,T2CON, PR2 and a output signal for motor alr but motor still cant move. thanks. :)

I would suggest you start a new thread, as these questions are sufficiently off the main subject that the best people to answer your questons may not see them. John

thanx

dknguyen said:
THe driver is probably an H-bridge (you can google for that one or search the forums). It lets you have forward/reverse for the motor. For speed control, you just PWM the inputs to the H-bridge.

ye....it work..........................:D :D :D :D :D

Thx for All....:)
dr123-png.17341

Attachments

• dr123.png
    dr123.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,688
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back