Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guys i need a truth table for 0 to 99 count up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do your really want? A TRUTH table or a LIE table? The truth is, you cannot get a truth table for a 00 - 99 counter. I would be lieing if I said you could get a truth table for a 00 - 99 counter.

Last edited:
Well if you're talking about a counter made of JK flip flops by yourself, I think you can, if you go to the digital systems textbooks you can find that truth table but for a 0 to 9 counter, for example in Digital Fundamentlas by Thomas Floyd you'll see it for a synchronous counter, and that's what I think you're talking about, because if you make an asynchronous counter, you don't even need the table. Houwever, look for that table i told you, and let it guide you to make your table for the 0 to 99 counter, but let me tell you, that table maybe nasty, so if you only need to make the counter i recommend to use the asynchronous, because to stop the count at 99, you only have to connect that configuration (the 99 in binary) to a NAND gate and that to the CLR pin and that will reset the count. But if you make it synchronous, you really need the table to reset the count at 99.
Good luck.

By the way you'll need 7 JKs

Last edited:
Well, that's actually a transition table with a next state table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back