Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar pickup generator/dynamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonatanboy

Hi:)

I'm trying to play with some small dc generators and im getting good at it
and i am allso playing guitar and i recently changed my Pickups and since i think i've got the basics of generators.
and i thought that maybe i could use the old ones for generators because they are basicly just copper coils with some magnets glued onto them, but i tried to connect a battery to an LED going thru the pickups but i dont get a signal:eek:

:confused:WHYYYYY!!!???!!!???:confused:

They don't generate enough power to be useful for much of anything other than to feed into an amplifier to make sound.

But if the goal is to make LED(s) light up when you play the guitar, you could use a battery-powered op-amp circuit to amplify the signal to drive the LEDs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back