Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar Distortion/Overdrive Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
Deaf old people think an old AM radio sounds the same as a new FM radio because they can't hear high freqencies. They remember hearing high frequencies when they were young and weren't deaf yet but didn't like it because it was nothing but distortion.

This old man can definitely assure you that he's still capable of hearing the 15kc horiz. osc. in a television set. Why scope for it when I can simply hear it!
Originally in the beginning, electric guitar mfgrs. produced pick-ups in various specs. to bring about different tonal qualities from a guitar. Then came the tinkerers who started adding outboard support electronics to reshape the sine wave to this & that effect. Enter the stomp box manufacturers. Now we have a myriad of effects that can completely mask a guitar to the point, the listener doesn't realize it's a guitar in the first place!

audioguru said:
Deaf old people think an old AM radio sounds the same as a new FM radio because they can't hear high freqencies. They remember hearing high frequencies when they were young and weren't deaf yet but didn't like it because it was nothing but distortion.

Maybe thats why young people dont like opera!

My comms lab at uni the other week was investigating AM radio. at the end we put a low pass filter on the output. The cut-off went down to about 1k before any major loss. (It sounded crap to begin with mind you!).

The bottom of the waveform isn't clipped because the top diode in your schematic is broken or is connected backwards.

I simulated the Fuzz Face circuit used by Jimi Hendrix. It is something like yours:

what simulation program are you using here?? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back