Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guestion about digital thermometer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyotesden

I got an indoor outdoor thermometer second hand, the indoor part works,..however the wire leeding out the window, uses some kind of thermopile, or whatever,..Long story short it got cut off, so I don't know, is there something I can rig up, too get the outdoor part too work again? The, wire still is there but whatever was on the end too measure temp. is gone...I hope I explained that clearly enough.. :) THANKS AGAIN!! :D

The most common temp sensors are thermistors. Whitch are temperature controlled resistors. There are many types and values for them so if you don't know the value find the most common and try them .

Alternative you can open the internal unit to identify what type of sensor it is and the most luckely is that the outside will be the same.

Mike

Ok.. that might be it... 'Cause when I cheked the wires with my meter, there was a pulse of current every 2 seconds, or so...I think it would have bean
a resistor, or thermistor.. my buddy said it was a thermopile, he was wrong. :p

The measuring element is a thermistor, sure. The processor switch it on only every 2..5sec to avoid self heating, and battery life extending....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back