Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM Modem Interfacing with PIC Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am presently working on the interfacing of the pic micro controller to the wireless modem. I am using a pic16f877....and complier is micro c

actually am not still sure in the complier and controller..........but i have chosen these both for my project...can u pl suggest some other controller....

hi ma.....am currently doing my final year ece ma.....and i have chosen my final year project as automatic fire detection and rescue system in passenger trains.......

Ok, Fine. so first you have to select the micro controller. I can suggest you two options -PIC 16F from Microchip or Arduino -The open Source platform. Arduino will be a better option to start with.

And then you can design your project. What are the modules you have to interface and how etc..

actually my project is all about......we detect the fire through smoke sensor. this sensor is interfaced to a GSM module. with the help of GSM we send a SMS to 3 persons... one to engine driver, 2nd to the fire service, and 3rd to the police.......

I know its an educational project but concept is not that good.A train would be passing through many cells and there would be periods of no signal during the hand offs. And SMS is a best effort service with no predictable delivery latency,sometimes an SMS sent today might reach you tomorrow,esp if the train catches fire during New Year's eve because of crackers.

may i know wat changes can be made to this.......i have seen a concept....thats they use a active rfid tag to pinpoint cellular phone calls during emergency....and v have said that its our future work.....any suggestion to my project....u can pass on....i will surly consider it......waiting for ur reply.....

hiiiiiiii to all

This is shuchi from bangalore.actually i am looking for POWER OVER USB modules.I already found some ICS i.e UCS100X FAMILY and they are UCS1001 & UCS1002,manufactured by SMSC and all details are given on Microchip and SMSC website.But i couldnt find any info regarding development tools,circuit diagram,Gerber files and all.so do anybody having some info and have used these ICS or power over USB module.please let me know.

Thanks & Regards.
shuchi sahay
embedded developer
bcs innovations,bangalore.

Hi V.sathiesh Kumar M.E and Wilksey....
I am beginner in the field of PIC but the final year project that is assign to me is totally based on Interfacing of GSM with PIC.
So i want a favor from you please understand my statement and then guide me please.
I have to use the interrupt pins of PIC controller when One interrupt is high then one text message is send to a mobile number. and when the other interrupt pin is high then another message have to sent on that number. Now please suggest me the PIC model and also GSM model and please guide me how can i do this programming.

Hi to all...
I am doing a project in which i will be interfacing a gsm modem with PIC microcontroller(16f877).. when i connect the gsm modem with PC i can able to send and read the messages in the sim using AT commands in hyperterminal...Then i iniatized UART in PIC send and received data to PC through hyperterminal its working properly...
When i interfaced PIC with GSM Modem i can able to send AT command to GSM modem but the reply "OK " from GSM modem to PIC is not received by PIC...

Example:

AT (Enter)-----In Hyperterminal
OK ------Message from GSM Modem

Compiler:MikroC
Baud Rate:9600 bps
GSM MOdem:Wavecom HT-W2101

I can able to send AT and Enter command from UART to PIC... But i cant able see the reply from GSM modem... but it works well when i interface GSM modem with PC hyperterminal...

Help me...

Sathiesh Kumar.V
Hi V.sathiesh Kumar M.E and Wilksey....
I am beginner in the field of PIC but the final year project that is assign to me is totally based on Interfacing of GSM with PIC.
So i want a favor from you please understand my statement and then guide me please.
I have to use the interrupt pins of PIC controller when One interrupt is high then one text message is send to a mobile number. and when the other interrupt pin is high then another message have to sent on that number. Now please suggest me the PIC model and also GSM model and please guide me how can i do this programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back