Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM mobile phone selection for GSM-SMS Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

hueyling_yeoh

Hi, i wanted to find a GSM mobile phone for my project but i am not sure what kind of GSM mobile phone is suitable for it. It must consists of built-in modem which supports AT Commands and serial port transmission supported. I have been told that Sony Ericsson mobile phone is more preferable than other brands. Amongst of all GSM mobile phone in Sony Ericsson, which mobile phone could be use in the project for sure?

Thanks alot. :)

Most GSM phone have AT command data port capability. Many new phones do it through USB only. The ones with more contacts on the bottom port usually have RS232 serial capability.

The particular network operator may disable the function on certain (low end) models or may require higher monthly rate to enable the function.

I think Sony-Ericson is getting out of mobile phone business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back