Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM controlled SMS notice board....

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

HI,

For making GSM based SMS control notice board on LCD which GSM holder will be better...
When we will send SMS through Mobile to This module GSM the GSM will display that SMS text on LCD....

1.**broken link removed**
2.**broken link removed**
3. **broken link removed**

first one has LCD interface but second one has alot of interface options including spi i2c and serial, i would vote second one! how much are they in say $ or £
forgot to mention 3rd one seems a bit of a toy and cost alot more

I think 3is bet for ZERO PCB mounting....so please suggest some more point for using it, i have done UART before .

it's your money your choice but out the three i think number 3 gives the least for the amount of money, also why is pcb mounting a problem? i think is better in this kind of project. only consideration i can think of for a separate board is if signal is a problem, like where i live there is a dirty great pile of hills between us and the transmitter

in the end its upto you but i would still go with number 2 because you have a wider range of options, then again number one has the lcd interface, without reading the datasheets i dont know for sure but sounds on the face of it that you could connect LCD straight to it! so could use smaller number of micro pins. what is the display actually being used for?
that might have a bearing. do you need GPS? is it a fixed or mobile unit (for the pocket say), would help a great deal if you gave as many details as you can, stuff like is it to be battery powered or fixed power matter because then people will look at current consumption and stuff like that. at the moment all anyone can give you is an opinion based on little information and i am gonna bet you have left a tiny really important detail out! best way is to think of yourself as a client talking to an engineer over the phone and describing what you want built and why!

Hi, I have to make Mobile SMS controlled Device the text will be shown in Graphic LCD...
so, its just a College project the second can't be easily mounted on Zero PCB a special SMD PCB is to be make thatss why i think 3rd is fine and portable with no problem.

hmmm i just knew there was info missing! so not a LCD because to most people you say LCD and they think normal character LCD your talking graphic LCD so the LCD interface on that one is probably not relevant. i dont understand what a zero pcb is???? so i will ignore that bit for now.
mobile so we are talking battery powered? how long does battery have to last and fixed battery (normal use once) or rechargeable?
How much work does it have to do, for example as its a school project does it just have to turn on be demonstrated and thats it job done? or is there some kind of test? for example our robot competition at school last year we had a large circuit to complete around the gym and many people got caught out with battery's that didnt last.

also what exactly is the device you have to control? that could be important, if its any device what device have you chosen?

do you know how you are to be marked?
for example would you gain extra marks for the more effort you put in like making the pcb board or are you solely being marked on getting from A-B? what micro are you going to use?
its still really hard to help without knowing the full picture, others on here would be able to do it but i dont have the experience to pick one without the full picture sorry

ok having read the blurb for the third (datasheet etc) i would say go for third! reason being i expect the other two to use a similar modual, and that being the case i would say requires a fair bit of experience and knowledge, there is alot in there like making sure trace sizes on certain traces are not smaller than 60mil because o watching out for voltage drops! talking of voltage make sure the battery is upto the job because on transmit that will pull 2A and a voltage below 3.4 (i think ) and it will go into reset! so all in all i would say much more work in other two and plenty of traps for the unwary and inexperienced.
your going to have to plan this one well ;)

OK, the Mobile which will send SMS is obvious a simple GSM battery operated portable mobile phone.
and the Receiver containing the GSM module will be powered by SMPS and the uC will be PIC16F877a....
zero PCB is that which is made from wires and solder no etching required taht is last option i will manage it when the school demo station project will work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back