Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM autodialer for burglar alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

agwill

I have designed and built an alarm for my house and have the need for remote monitoring.

I would like to incorporate an autodialer to phone preset numbers and send sms text messages. I would like to build a GSM module but will settle for a standard phone dialer for starters.

Can anyone recommend a good book or some decent links on the subject.

Hi

That alarm must be acknowledged by PIC, then, in accordance with this, send a SMS using AT comand, send in serial mode to cell phone...You can order to phone send a SMS using a preset number stored in list phone, or send a text mode SMS like this

at+cmgs="+1912345678" <CR> ==> "enter" key

wait a time for phone´s answer for a ">" character, then

Alarm 1 - ON <CR>

the phone answer whit a "OK", character than you must check it to sure a sms has been sent

IN hyperterminal you should see the next:

at+cmgs="+1912345678" <CR>
>Alarm 1 - ON <CR>

here a phone´s message indicating than SMS in OK, like CMGS:OK or somethig like that...

Sorry for my bad english

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back