Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Penguin

Hi all. Just joined after lurking for a bit. I'm a computer guy by trade, but have been dabbling in electronics since the mid 70's
I do mostly repairs, though occasionally I'll build something. Even though I've been doing this a while, my electronics theory and circuit analysis skills are pretty lacking, but I can solder really well, and only rarely blow something up by slipping with a scope probe or meter lead :)

I enjoy the challenge of repairing stuff that would otherwise get junked, LCD Monitors TVs etc. At work I repaired a $700.00 conference phone for the cost of a $0.33 capacitor. Just finished repairing a Bose Lifestyle 5 stereo unit for a friend and total parts cost as about $12.00 (with shipping)
One of the projects on my to-do pile is a Cisco (Linksys really) POE Gigabit switch. I have no clue how the internal power supply is supposed to work (it runs on an external 48VDC supply and there are no lover voltages present inside, so something dead in the internal regulation circuitry. I will probably grab some datasheets on the parts in that general area and start hacking away. May start a thread on that soon.

Anyhoo, that's me.

Welcome, Many of us 'play electronics' and have for years.
Play in the broadest meaning of the word.
Years= larger than 2 and less than 100.
There are a couple of old ones that might be over 100 years...... lol

Welcome to ETO eh! Hope you enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back