Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Grain Oriented Electrical Steel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njguy

Does anyone know if grain oriented electrical steel could deliver superior magnetic field strength over traditional solid cores? Because of the lamination of electrical steel you are obviously using slightly less ferrous material due to the insulation layers, but it is grain oriented. Grain oriented electrical steel to my knowledge can deliver 30% more flux compared to non oriented electrical steel. Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on this.

Thanks for that chart, I noticed however that it is from 1917 and grain oriented electrical steel wasn't invented until 1935, so I'm curious as to where it would be placed on that chart.

the peak flux would be higher, i've seen some manufacturer's charts that say operation at 1.9T is possible and if you're willing to dump 10 times more amp turns into it then 2.0 is probably not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back