Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS - RTTY - Project Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingeyP

Hello.

My latest project is to get a gps receiver (Lassen SK8) to send position information to a pic. The pic will then send this data as a string (witha few bits of info added) via RTTY using a radiometrix NTX2.

I have the GPS receiver taking via an RS232 link to my PC and I can see data etc. I have used the OSHON PC Serial Port Terminal as see data being presented.

Q1. Does anyone know how to switch off the 'auto polling' of data from the GPS? - I want to send a request and get a reply. At least til I understand the message construct. Or maybe you clever bods can tell me how to decode the message construct. I am not at all sure about packets etc...

There is a manual available here -

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2013/03/lassensk8_720-752_man.pdf

To be honest I don't really understand the packet command structure and what I should be seeing / sending.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Regards - Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back