Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gps module

Status
Not open for further replies.

jijoyattitude

hi,
i wanted to get a GPS module for my project. the GPS should work on 5V and i
want this to be connected to a GSM via microcontroller... should give me
some accuracy as i need to calculate the speed from the data received.
i wanted to know which GPS module to go with as i am not used to or i cant
get hand on one easily...i am planning to get it from else where so wanted
some one to tell me which module to go with..

would be thankfull if someone cud help me

reagrds
Jijoy

The Garmin GPS 16 is a good one, its WAAS capable(very accurate <3m)

**broken link removed**

Available here:
**broken link removed**

GPS

thnx for the reply..

i have received a Quote from u-blox regarding there GPS module model no:RCB-LJ. the details are available on www.u-blox.com.

i wanted to know if anyone has got any idea about this model or if anyone can tell me from where i can get help in selecting a good GPS module for my project. atleast tell me a site or forum where i can get these info

i been on the search for few weeks with no solid result

expecting some help

What kind of "solid results" are you looking for? I typed GPS and GPS Module into google and came up with detailed info on just about every gps module made.Like I said above, one of the best(if not the best) is the Garmin GPS 16.I have also had good experiences with the Superstar GPS.

**broken link removed**

gps

what i meant by solid result is i cant decide which gps to select or which will be best for my project..project funds are limited to say Rs.10,000 which include GPS and some other things...so have to limit my GPS fund to Rs.5000 i.e approx $120.

another is that there arent much GPS modules available in India and after searching lot i just found one company named u-blox which provides GPS modules here.
so if i have to get some other company module i will have to decide on which module to get and then ask someone to get it frm else where...

i dont think garmin modules are avialable in India..there GPS units are avaialbe but not as modules
if you know any comapny which has got distributirs in India whose products you can recomend pls let me know

This was posted to the PICList the other day: **broken link removed**

They're not in India but you can mail order it and it's in your price range.

gps

hi issac,
thanx that was real helpfull..wanted to know somethin about the GPS module...
do you know what all iformation this GPS module will give..what i wanted to know is if it can give the speed..that is does it give speed directly or do we have to calculate it..

another is how about the accuracy
what is the PCB on the site used for..i dint understand it thats y..

pls reply

The SQ can output any combination of the following NMEA strings every second:
(details start on page 143 of the SQ datasheet)

GGA-GPS fix data
GLL- Geographic position
GSA- GPS DOP and active satellites
GSV- GPS satellites in view
RMC- Recommended minimum specific data
VTG- Track made good and ground speed
ZDA- Date and time

In order to simplify the use of the SQ, I developed a small interface PCB. The board connects the SQ through a .050 pitch connector to a more usable header with .1 inch centers. The board also provides backup power for the SQ?s battery-backed ram and provides 3.3volt regulation for the GPS receiver.
The preceding info is from the web page I pointed you to. You didn't even read it, did you.

About the U-BLOX GPS's, i can say that they are the best ive worked with so far.
The best TTFF, accuracy and comms.

The MS1 model is a good one, with a PLCC package.

asena

GPS module in India

Dear Jijoy

We, Advanced Micronic Devices Ltd., Bangalore, supply and support Garmin, Jupiter GPS OEM modules in India.

However, Garmin modules are not affordable for you since your budget is only Rs.10,000.00
We can supply Jupiter GPS module in that budget. For details contact

K.M.Girish
Advanced Micronic Devices Ltd.
girish@amdlsed.com
Ph: 080-26507800/26529692

Regards,
Ravi Kiran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back