Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gps for camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendal

For a few years now I can't keep my hands on my cameras. My brother just steals them all I'm tired of buying new ones. Is there any way I can put a bug or a transmitter or gps chip into the camera it's self and just run it off the batteries?

That's just a logger. He wouldn't be able to find his camera, but if he found it sometime later, he'd be able to figure out where it had been.

yeah I kinda wanna find it if it ever goes missing not hope it surfaces and then figure out where it's been.

Find better hiding places or beat him down real good! The second one worked well on my brother growing up and no cost was involved either! :D

Or just take something of his of equal value or importance. Trade for trade. The cameras come back then so does his stuff. ;)

Depending upon his age specific car parts are always valuable upon return! Like the EEC unit for one!:D

believe it or not, it was hidden in my girlfriends unmentionables draw, and I can't beat it out of him, he's a momma's boy and he'll con her into getting the police involved. Hence why I'm just looking for some type of gps thing. Long ago I think elektor made a small gps unit, but I don't remember wich edition or wich year.

There's nothing you are going to fit into a camera, unless this camera is giant with lots of room inside. You would need a GPS plus something to report it. The car ones use GPS + SMS/GPRS to report their location.

That thing is bigger than the camera.

By the way looking at the prices of the GPS units, you might as well buy a new camera and just give your brother your old one.

That thing is bigger than the camera.

By the way looking at the prices of the GPS units, you might as well buy a new camera and just give your brother your old one.

Uh just one problem, he already stole my old one, the one I use for pictures during investigations, I'm trying to get 2, 1 for family events and stuff and one for paranormal stuff.

Your an investigator who cant keep your own brother from stealing your stuff? I hope you dont charge your clients more than minimum wage. :D

I don't charge clients, but yes, my brother is a thief. 17 and he's been arrested 16 times for theft, from possession of stolen goods, to grand larceny. I believe he took my camera to give to his girlfriend as a birthday present, and so she can take nudes for him. :rolleyes: not that most men would want nudes from their girlfriend.

Around here he would have been taken out back behind the barn an had a "family intervention" some time ago. That is as in 'puttin the boots to him heavy style'. :D

Hire a few "stand in family members" to do it for you if the real family wont. ;)

Some times tough love includes a tough roughen up. Odds are putting distance between you and him is going to be worth losing a camera to two.:(

speaking of cameras...I saw the ones which are really small, the ones in cell phones, I think, but sold separately. Are there low quality ones which can be interfaced with a PIC? I mean really for low quality pictures, so that PICs can take the load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back