Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GP2 External Interrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Guys I'm getting a 1Hz pulse from an open drain type source.Can I enable weak pull up on GP2 & also enable External Interrupt trigger (High to low Transition)?

Thanks

Deduction..... GP2... Weak pullup... Pulsed input..... The Pic12f6xx has GP2 with T0CK1 input..... The pic12f5xx doesn't have weak pullup on GP2. The pic12f1xxx doesn't have GPIO,

Really its the only chip it can be....

Deduction..... GP2... Weak pullup... Pulsed input..... The Pic12f6xx has GP2 with T0CK1 input..... The pic12f5xx doesn't have weak pullup on GP2. The pic12f1xxx doesn't have GPIO,

Really its the only chip it can be....

You didn't answer the question... So far you're two for two, that is, neither or your posts are helpful.

Last edited:
Mike.... Back to the original post..... The data he is seeking... IS in the datasheet.. IF he is using the pic12f6xx the data he needs is on those two pages... I was merely telling him to read it.

Anyway... What tme is it in Michigan.. Shouldn't you be in bed:):)

Last edited:
Mike.... Back to the original post..... The data he is seeking... IS in the datasheet.. IF he is using the pic12f6xx the data he needs is on those two pages... I was merely telling him to read it.

Anyway... What tme is it in Michigan.. Shouldn't you be in bed:):)

The information on "pages 19 and 26" is quite different for the 12F609/615/617, the 12F629/675, the 12F635, and the 12F683 Datasheets. Which Datasheet are you referring to?

It's 0530 local time (1030 UTC/GMT) and the start of a wonderful new day here in the "Great Lakes" region...

Last edited:
Ok.. I concede ..... It was from the pic12929.... But all then same.... The info is in there... All that doesn't matter because I think the OP has done one.... (left the building )

Wait a minute, please. I'd really like to know what info' you're referring to, please.

I haven't come across a PIC12929 but can I assume you meant 12F629? If so, I have what I believe to be the most recent PIC12F629/675 Datasheet (DS41190G) but I have no idea what info' you're referring to based on the contents of pages 19 and 26. Could you elaborate, please?

Thanks...

Sorry for the typo...I mean't the pic12f629.

Page 19....GPIO port. and 26 using timer0 as an external clock... My version is DS41190A on your version its on page 21 for the GPIO port but the Timer0 info is on page 26.

But your still missing my point... I don't understand why your grilling me over this... I was trying to help the OP to help himself... If you believe I gave wrong information Then you should post whatever you believe to be correct....

hi guys,
This Thread is devolving to an argument which not really helping the OP with his problem.

Moderation.
E.

Hi Eric,

I didn't intend to start an argument. In fact, I'd like to know the answer to the OP's question too. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out what sections of what manual Ian is referring to. If Ian is referring to the 'A' version of the PIC12F629/675 Datasheet and the original poster and I have the more recent 'G' version of the Datasheet, then referring to "page 19 and page 26" of some ancient Datasheet might not be very helpful, wouldn't you agree?

Ian mentioned something about the Timer 0 section of a Datasheet but I can't imagine what that would have to do with using internal weak pull-ups on the GP2 external interrupt (INT) pin and so I'm looking forward to learning something new. If Ian could update his PIC12F629/675 Datasheet and elaborate on which sections of the Datasheet he is referring to, I would be very grateful.

Last edited:
I was sorry to be so vague. I thought you were having a go... The original OP asked it GP2 could have weak pullup's... The answer is yes! On page 19 (or 21) shows GPIO pin configuration... section 3.2.1 (weak pullup register WPU) and also asked about 1hz counting ( presumably on the same pin, as it doubles as T0CK1 ). To use this function the information on using GP2 to advance timer0 is on page 26, section 4.3

Sorry about the confusion.

Guys I'm getting a 1Hz pulse from an open drain type source. Can I enable weak pull up on GP2 & also enable External Interrupt trigger (High to low Transition)?

Instead of "asking if GP2 could have weak pull-ups", I thought Suraj' was asking if weak pull-ups on GP2 can be used together with a high-to-low interrupt edge select when using the GP2 External Interrupt (INT) pin function.

I also did not pick up on Suraj' "asking about 1-Hz counting". While Suraj' mentions a 1-Hz open drain source, which would require some type of pull-up, he doesn't mention using the GP2 "T0CKI" pin function. In fact, he mentions using the GP2 "INT" (External Interrupt) pin function so it's hard (for me) to deduce a link to the Timer 0 module as you did.

Perhaps Suraj' will come back and clarify his question for us.

Ian Rogers said:
I was sorry to be so vague.
Thank you. Your initial replies were not very helpful. Referring to page numbers on some unnamed and out-of-date Datasheet was not only confusing but misleading since there's no way for anyone to know which sections you were referring to.

Regards, Mike

Last edited:
Oops sorry guys that's my mistake not to mention the PIC properly & to mention the question properly.

I'm using PIC12F675.I'm getting a pulse from a RTC chip.It's open drain type.

Anyway I enabled WPU & also enabled EXT INT both worked well without problem.

Thanks for being with me guys :)

Hi Suraj143,

I'm happy to hear you've got it working despite the help you got here (lol).

Cheerful regards, Mike

Every one of Mike,K8LH posts are useful ;)l. I reread them every now and then.

PS (I am applying for my 1st patent and this forum helped me get there!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back