Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gould OS1000 B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coot

Hi :)

I have a OS1000B oscilloscope with a strange fault ...

I was using it recently and suddenly there was smell of resistor burning up ?
I found the Ressy R632 (It was well cooked )

I cannot find a OS1000B schematic so I used a OS1000A !
Q.. are they the same inside ?

Q.. I have looked at the parts list for the OS1000A and it states R632 is 47K 0.5w ... is this the correct value ?
also found C613 stated in the parts list as 1UF 160v .. (E) it is not a Electrolytic ! what type of cap is it ?

Q.. any ideas .. why R632 burnt up ..I cannot find any short circuits ?

if I disconnect PCB pin 34 R632 does not burn .. poss CRT unwell ??

any ideas ?

Thankyou in advance for all your help :)

I cannot find a OS1000B schematic so I used a OS1000A !
Q.. are they the same inside ?
Maybe, maybe not. Can you upload some pictures so people know what you are talking about?

Q.. I have looked at the parts list for the OS1000A and it states R632 is 47K 0.5w ... is this the correct value ?
also found C613 stated in the parts list as 1UF 160v .. (E) it is not a Electrolytic ! what type of cap is it ?
Probably ceramic capacitor, Plastic film capacitor or similar, they are not electrolytic capacitors and have no + or - pins

Q.. any ideas .. why R632 burnt up ..I cannot find any short circuits ?
Might be anything.. still we don't know what it looks like inside your device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back