Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good way to make PCBs???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for some way that I can make PCBs. I wanted to know how you guys do it? What is the "best way" that is well rounded with quality and ease?

Thanks,
Kyle

LifeForce4 said:
I have been looking for some way that I can make PCBs. I wanted to know how you guys do it? What is the "best way" that is well rounded with quality and ease?

Thanks,
Kyle

If you like alot of re-work and messiness, go with the etch-resist + ferric chloride method. I have tried it and it can work OK but in the end, I dont think it is worth the trouble. I prefer having a PCB house manufacture my boards - you get good quality. Some might argue that it is too expensive but, I have found that there are prototype board houses that can do 4 layer boards for $99. When you add up all the costs of some of the other methods, it is very comparable. Oh but you will have to use software to lay your board out. I use Eagle because there is a free version that lets you do 4 layer boards and it is easy to learn.

Thanks guys for the help. I remembered that I did not search this board after I posted this question. So I did a search on the board. I found some people talking and the Press and Peal thing sounded like a good way to go.

Again thanks for all the help you guys.
Kyle

IF YOU WANT TO PRACTICE,A GOOD DESIGNING PROGRAM IS CIRCUIT MAKER 2000...SEARCRH THE WEB AND YOU WILL FIND IT EASILY...IT'S VERY GOOD AND YOU WILL DEFINETELY UNDERSTAND IT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back