Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good to start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marks256 said:
Would this be something to invest in?
**broken link removed**

I am looking to get started with pics (instead of the crappy basic stamps which infuriate me with their existence...)
Hi Mark, don't look at ebay items and especially pickit2 compatibles-- aim direct pickt2 of microchip from microchip

micro controller is something, that needs very little (next to none) external components to rum. micro processor is a chip, that has no internal memory. Needs to be booted up from external memory.

Sadly I have no idea, what a DSP is, as I have never used one my own. But I still consider ARV32 to be a micro controller as it doesn't need any external components to run (it even has internal crystal you know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back