good book for learning pic programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericbirecki

I don't know if Myke Predko's book "123 Pic Microcontroller Experiments for the Evil Genius" has been mentioned in this forum yet, but I bought it at Barnes and Nobles and have been learning a great deal about assembler code programming.

The first several sections of the book focus on C programming, but after that, there is several excellent sections on assembley code. It also explains how to use the simulator in the MPIDE program.

I am currently learning by leaps and bounds and am quite shocked at how difficult it is to use the mid-range MCU's to accomplish stuff. Even simple stuff like multiplication can be quite involved, but the book does a great job of helping one understand the step by step process that is required. And, I feel that when I finally get to those classes at college I will diffinately have a leg up on everyone else.

I hightly recommend this book for all beginners who at least understand how digital logic works. There is a part in the very beginning where he explains what you should have a grasp on before using this book. Check it out and give it a shot.

Eric B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…