Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

good book for learning pic programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericbirecki

I don't know if Myke Predko's book "123 Pic Microcontroller Experiments for the Evil Genius" has been mentioned in this forum yet, but I bought it at Barnes and Nobles and have been learning a great deal about assembler code programming.

The first several sections of the book focus on C programming, but after that, there is several excellent sections on assembley code. It also explains how to use the simulator in the MPIDE program.

I am currently learning by leaps and bounds and am quite shocked at how difficult it is to use the mid-range MCU's to accomplish stuff. Even simple stuff like multiplication can be quite involved, but the book does a great job of helping one understand the step by step process that is required. And, I feel that when I finally get to those classes at college I will diffinately have a leg up on everyone else.

I hightly recommend this book for all beginners who at least understand how digital logic works. There is a part in the very beginning where he explains what you should have a grasp on before using this book. Check it out and give it a shot.

Eric B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back