Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Global Shortage - Least Impacted Manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noggin

Does anyone feel like they have a good handle on which chip makers are most or least affected by the current state of things? I'm finding that TI's lead times on parts that we've been using for years have shot up to 52+ weeks. I have multiple power supplies using TI's SMPS chips that are impacted. I've found several of their parts that are almost drop in replacements (feedback voltage or inductor change is needed) but it doesn't matter because those parts are also out of stock and 52+ weeks out. Hell, I felt luck that Mouser was expecting some in stock in March of '22.

Any suggestions on a SMPS MFR that I won't be replacing next month? Or should I just assume that every order for the next year will be a new revision?

Those that know are not telling.

The best way to know is via Silicon Expert.

This is of course, a paid application service. No freebies here.

I'll take a look at Si Expert. I don't think I want them managing our BOMs, but if they're better than typical providers for suggesting alternates, then I think they might be helpful for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back