Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GLCD display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnatro

Hey, i have a KS0108 type GLCD (JXD128*64). I tried to display some image on it using the GLCD_IMAGE(****); function in the compiler Mikro C pro. My problem is the GLCD seems to work fine in simulation (proteus) but in real world condition, the image appear to get "cloned" on the both halfs of the GLCD. what might be the problem, i played with the Chip select CS, but of no use.. does the both the chip select pin has to be adjacent to each other ? please help me :)

What do you mean
does the both the chip select pin has to be adjacent to each other ?

CS1 is for one half and CS2 is for the other... I used to get this on Toshiba displays the fnt pin doesn't seem to be simulated so 6x8 turns into 8x8 in the real world.

yeah, i found what the problem was.. there was some cross talk between the CS1 CS2 lines of the GLCD. cheers!

Good on you.... That's one one issue I can't stand with simulation.. The other is, clearing variables before you use them... The GLCD is a culprit for this... power up... initialize... oh look!! random characters all over the screen....Doesn't do that in simulation.

Please, read this

Manufacturers use different settings for CS1 and CS2. Check de datasheet for your display.

Years ago I was given a brand new GLCD that there was no datasheet available for. In no time, I compiled a comprehensive table of settings from different brands - Google is good.

Table in the attached file -after eliminating the .doc addition. (It helped, after an educated guess, to identify the pins in mine).

Settings and location could vary.

Attachments

• Identifying the pins of a GLCD 12864.xls.doc
    16.5 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back