Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GLCD 12864 - Testing A & K pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
I was given a GLCD 12864 brand new. Datasheet not available on the Web

A and K terminals are clearly identified. Tried to measure something but to no avail: no resistance, no forward drop voltage.

Is it any chance that mine has EL backlight instead of a LED?
What other test could I perform?

Most LCD that DON'T have a LED backlight still have the A K pins. Yours might be a non-backlight version.

It won't be a EL backlight, they have a onboard inverter (extra parts) and dont have a A or K as those are diode (LED) markings. :)

To test if you have a backlight, get a 220 ohm resistor and a 5v DC supply and connect them (in series) to the A K pins with +5v to A and ground to K. If it lights up you know it has a LED backlight. It might still be dim, because that resistor is a safe test. In actual use I run them about 300mA to keep them cool and longer life but the datasheets often spec 500mA+ for LED backlights.

Thanks!! Just tested as you say. I turned on OK.

Gracias again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back