Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gh-312 gas sensor operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

codewiz

Hi.
I wanted an MQ6 LPG sensor, but I was able to get GH-312 gas sensor. I realized that I can not measure the percentage concentration of gas since it outputs a low or high upon detection. I thought I could get the output voltage varying according to concentration.
Please, how do i get around this? I don't just want to detect gas, but the percentage of concentration.

GH-312 is not a gas sensor, it is a module. The module contains an MQ-2 sensor, which you can unsolder. The MQ-2 sensor detects a different range of gasses than the MQ-6.

This is all I could find on the thing:

Smoke Gas Butane Propane Smoke Sensor Module Smoke Detector GH312
Features:
- With the signal output instructions
- The dual signal output; (analog output, and TTL level output)
- TTL output valid signal is low, which can be accessed directly connected to Microcontroller IO port
- 0 ~ 5V analog output voltage, the higher the voltage the higher the concentration

- Liquefied gas, butane, methane, smoke, etc. have good sensitivity
- Long life, good stability
- With fast response and recovery characteristics

Electrical parameters:
- GAS sensor : Wide detection range
- With LED : Alarming
- Static Power : < 0.8 W
- Output Level : High5 V / Low 0V
- Detection of Square : 10㎡
- Size : 33.5mm * 21.5mm
- Simple to use : Power + - signal output
- Operating voltage DC voltage 9-20V
- Static power consumption less than 0.8W
- Output Level High 5 V / Low 0V
- Detection area of 10 square meters
Application:
- smoke, gas, butane, propane
- Methane, ethanol, hydrogen, etc.
Packing Included
- Smoke Sensor x1

All I see is conflicting nonsense? The device has 3 pins that I can see. Power, Common and Signal Out. The only data sheet I saw was in Chinese. While they mention an analog signal out I see none so I really don't know what to say. Do you have a link to a good valid data sheet?

<EDIT> Ah, I see Duffy has a handle on it. So the sensor is actually MQ-2 and the thing is a module using the MQ-2 which can be removed and used? Everything I read confused the hell out of me. Thanks Duffy. </EDIT>

Ron

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information. Now i know I can desolder and use the sensor. I will check for the pin configuration of MQ-2 so that I can study the voltage response to gases.
I believe that it works by changes in resistance? i will find out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back