Gh-312 gas sensor operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

codewiz

Hi.
I wanted an MQ6 LPG sensor, but I was able to get GH-312 gas sensor. I realized that I can not measure the percentage concentration of gas since it outputs a low or high upon detection. I thought I could get the output voltage varying according to concentration.
Please, how do i get around this? I don't just want to detect gas, but the percentage of concentration.

GH-312 is not a gas sensor, it is a module. The module contains an MQ-2 sensor, which you can unsolder. The MQ-2 sensor detects a different range of gasses than the MQ-6.

This is all I could find on the thing:

All I see is conflicting nonsense? The device has 3 pins that I can see. Power, Common and Signal Out. The only data sheet I saw was in Chinese. While they mention an analog signal out I see none so I really don't know what to say. Do you have a link to a good valid data sheet?

<EDIT> Ah, I see Duffy has a handle on it. So the sensor is actually MQ-2 and the thing is a module using the MQ-2 which can be removed and used? Everything I read confused the hell out of me. Thanks Duffy. </EDIT>

Ron

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information. Now i know I can desolder and use the sensor. I will check for the pin configuration of MQ-2 so that I can study the voltage response to gases.
I believe that it works by changes in resistance? i will find out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…