Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting 20 degress out of soldering iron element to heat up etch tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
I have taken the heating element out of an old temperature controlled soldering iron. Is it possible to come up with a driver circuit that would regulate
the element at room temperature or so? I thought since the element is ceramic, I could use it to heat up my etch tank? I could place the element underneath the tank. Since it's only at room temperature it shouldn't melt the container/ I could use glass dish.

If you want to heat your tank to room temperature then simply wait an hour and it'll be there.:)

Mike.

one winter, I used a bucket of hot water to sit my etchant tank in to heat it up, my peroxide froze (Like you would use a double pan when making candy/icing). Also I myself, prefer not to use any high (line) voltage around liquids and such:nailbiting:

ok i will try a tank heater. BTW I don't think any of the temperature controlled soldering irons run on mains voltage. They have a transformer in the station itself to step down the voltage. At least both my cheapo and very expensive soldering stations do anyway.

An ordinary incandescent lamp bulb would be the cheapest heat source.

LOL :). I'm afraid the etchant would boil!

I know it is not an answer to your OP but, at least, look how nice is **broken link removed**

All he builds looks really nice!

Last edited:
hmm interesting!! Although I don't think have much use for a hot plate since my soldering station has a heat gun built in.

How does that setup work? I don't see any heating element?

Why not buy something like these **broken link removed**at 5 for $7. Hook them up to 12V and you can have from 20 to 100 watts of heating.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back