Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting 14.8v down to 12v

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorcrack

Hi,

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm new to this electronics thing. I want to run 4 12v fans ( 2 @ 0.124 A, 2 @ 1.6 A) off of a 14.8v Li-Po battery pack with 2100 mAh. Can I just hook them up to my battery and let 'em rip, or will that let the magic smoke out? If that won't work, can I use some resistors or something? I'm building a hovercraft for a school project, so weight is an issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Razorcrack

Besides, you will need all the oomph you can get out of the muffin fans, just to lift the battery pack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back