Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Get 2byte (hex/bin) to ASCII?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camping

I have made a program for a PIC and I get 2bytes that are the Voltage from some output. I want to display it on a LCD so I have to get it to some ASCII digits. But this is what I don`t know how to do.

So I hope some has a link or a ASM for me where I can find some routines that can make 2bytes of me RAM (BIN) to 4bytes RAM (ASCII)

Thanks,

Camping said:
I have made a program for a PIC and I get 2bytes that are the Voltage from some output. I want to display it on a LCD so I have to get it to some ASCII digits. But this is what I don`t know how to do.

So I hope some has a link or a ASM for me where I can find some routines that can make 2bytes of me RAM (BIN) to 4bytes RAM (ASCII)

Thanks,

If you look on my PIC tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk, the LCD tutorials have a routine for printing 2 bytes as 5 ASCII characters, it takes 5 as it goes up to 65,535.

Thanks, but it looks your link doesn`t realy work normal,

But I have found me some stuff that can do it to. I found a 16/16 function so that will do it. (first /10000d then /1000d and so on and then you have it done)

Thanks,

So if you can post a working link again then I can look at your site meaby there are some more thinks that are intresting,

Thanks,

During school time, I do binary-to-decimal conversion by using calculator. Didn't really bother to calculate it manually.
I forgot the name of the method, in this method, have to divide it with 10, the remainder is LSB; then divide the quotient again with 10, get the remainder to be second LSB.. and so on.

Camping said:
So if you can post a working link again then I can look at your site meaby there are some more thinks that are intresting,

Thanks,

Looks like there's a problem at the moment with my forwarding service, you can access it directly at:
**broken link removed**

Thanks,

I will look to your site,

Yep the /10 is how to do it. I have seen it in a sample. I have programed it and I will try it out soon.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back