Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

General Instruments IC type AY53500 / NLS Digital Panel Meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpfy

I am trying to find the data sheet for this device. It is a single ramp integration DVM chip and has a 3 1/2 digit display driver. I have the General instruments 1978 catalog but I need the data specification sheet.
Alternatively, I need the installation/connection diagram for a "Non Linear Systems' digital panel meter (3 1/2 digit). This unit uses the General Instruments AY 53500 chip.
Can any of you guys assist please.

thanks eric.
been there done that. That datasheet is from the NLS website, and I have it, but NLS are not responding to emails.
I also have a data sheet for the AY53500 but this is VERY vague.
The AY53500 is a single ramp integration device with supply voltages of -7.5 and -15 Volt. The panel meter has external op-amps to precondition the input and also an internal 7806L voltage regulator. The panel meter has 4000 series cmos logic to handle I/O from the AY53500. That datasheet you supplied is for the PM350 range and is current product, not what I have from the 1980's. You ask why don't I buy a new one and the answer is I need a referrence voltage to give a FSD of only 50 mVolt. The modern stuff is made with unpackaged IC's and these are difficult to modify.
I appreciate your effort; tks.

Progress report.
Finally was able to contact NLS. They are now NLS/LMI.
Got the details of the connections on the backplane connector, but still some unresolved questions. Pam at NLS was very helpful but I might need to stretch the friendship with more questions. Still no data on the AY53500 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back