General electronics is all much of a muchness

Flyback

Hi,
Most places I work are bringing out incentives to keep electronics engineers in the job now. Air miles, Holiday home rentals, offers to work over 65 for increased pay, and in some cases pay rises. Can you say what your company is offering?

Last edited:
You have a vivid imagination, which appears to me, at least, to be detached from reality. Every company I have ever worked for has always looked forward and never backward. Everybody's current products are yesterday's news. Nobody cares about them.

Seriously, to fret over an Electronic engineer coming in to a company and then leaving, is like having an electrician coming in to do some wiring...and then declaring...right!...you're not allowed to leave!....you might go and wire up our competitor's company...you are staying put!....

Ahhh......no, not the same at all.

Soon, those of us in the US won't have to worry about non-compete agreements. Luckily for the Tech industry, California declared non-competes unenforcable a long time ago.

Thanks, i wonder what you would class as a "competing company" in electronics.?.....supposing you were at an architectural lighting company, but then moved to a lighting company that did horticultural lighting......would that be under "non compete"?

Supposing the horticultural lighting company were secretly working on a new architectural lighting product....how would the original architectural lighting company know that anyway?

Thanks, but the concern here is , not for myself, but for the owners of electronics companies who are throwing their money away for no reason, as i explain above.
I feel sorry for them, and am driven to help them.
Also, because they make less money, they pay less in taxation, which hampers the rest of us.

Last edited:
Once again, your vivid imagination and your detachment from reality are manifest.

None of them for very long, I wonder why?

More difficult to understand is how he ever gets employed in the first place?.
Some companies hire prodigiously and keep the ones that work out to their liking. They work long hours for very little pay and respond to the mushroom theory of management. That is:
  1. Keep 'em in the dark
  2. Feed 'em excrement
  3. Watch 'em grow

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…