Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gear indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

49willys

Fist off I what to say Hi

I very limited knowlage design circuits and none programing I have done some research and I'm willing to try but will need lots of help. Thanks Dave

The project i have is for a GM auto trans their are 7 positions and it can be a 5V digital pattern. I was thinking of using a PIC16F886 with one 16 seg or 5X7 dot matrix led .7 high in blue. I need to keep the display as small as possible and separate from the MCU with as few wires as possible. So will I need to use a encode /decoder and witch one. One option could be a OLED display ? I know this is bigger but a option

Attachments

• gear indicator.JPG
    gear indicator.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 337
I would like to have R & N and I can't get that with a 7 seg, I know I can do a small n and r but prefur caps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back