Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gcse electronic ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl1

Hi, I have course work I need to do and need some basic ideas on a project for my gcse electronics.

Can anyone give me some ideas and basic diagrams of something I can make, I will need a list of parts etc.

regards

karl

I did my GCSE electronics last year (A* as well...) and to be honest, its alot less difficult that you expect.

Bassicaly, to be eligible for full marks (which I got!! ok, i'll stop bragging now) you only need two process blocks. So I used a 555 timer, and a 4017. The outputs of the 4017 had LEDs on them, to make a simple dice. A push button connected to the 'stop' pin stopped the counter randomly and lit a random LED.

I made a couple of additions, to try and impress the examiner, but that was pretty much it.

Not meaning to be rude, but intead of just asking us to randomly suggest stuff, you really need to talk to your teacher to get ideas for areas to look into. For example we were told to look at alarms, counters and sensors. And told not to look at RF/IR/Audio. Do this first, then come back. We can help you adjust ideas/diags to suit your purpose, but you will have to be able to explain what you did in your coursework folder.

Also, look in your textbook, it should have loads of diags that you can use. (if you don't have one, your teacher should have books that you can look in).

Tim

hey im doing ym gcses! im doing steady hand game with a pic chip that has an alarm/24hour clock/ stop watch program and a radio with a astable-4017 light thing that shows lights going round in circle while playing "you lose" from a sound recoder chip when u hit the wire! crazy eh! one thing about ur dice idea. you need to use a logic system to make the thing reset at 7

you can do that by having a astable tp a bcd counter then a decoder and having the number 7 restet the bcd with logic gates (when 4 2 & 1 are high in birany) then a load of and gates an inverter and an or gate to fix the problem of it hitting 0, it actually alot of work. unless of course ur gunna do it using led's then u dont need to worry about ne thing i just said coz thats all to do with a 7 seg......

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back