Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gathering parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

confounded

hi, i'm attempting to teach myself about electronics and am working my way through a horowitz and hill textbook. I've also got the accompaning student manual and am having trouble finding the components listed for labwork.
I was wondering if anyone else here has used these books and found the parts listed or has used substitute parts, in which case which parts?
The trouble seems to be although reprinted (18th edition) in 2006 all components are still from 1989.
I expect its unlikely to find someone who has worked though these books and tracked down all the obscure parts in the student manual, so i've listed 3 of the particularly confounding ones below. Any suggestions as to where they may be found or substitute parts would be most welcome.

NMOS 68008-p8 CPU 8 MHZ (motorola)
FET Transistors:
vn0104n3 power MOSFET n-channel (supertex)
vp0104n3 power MOSFET p-channel (supertex)

thank you for your help.

Here, let me Google that for you.

Oh look, there's the mosfets in stock at Mouser.

There are two pieces, NMOS 68008FN10 PLCC on ebay, for Buy It Now of about US$20 each plus shipping. These are PLCC so you'll need an adapter.

Last edited:
thanks for responding

It seems i must get used to buying components from the USA. Hope the pound gets back to 2 dollars soon.

Thanks for the ebay post.

The company that owns Newark in the US is big in the UK. Whats the name Farnel or maybe Farnnel?

Actually it is Farnell.:D

Last time I used them they had a large minimum order value, £20 I seem to remember.

Try RS Components, (no, not Rat-Shack) Welcome to rswww.com

JimB

I bet I have what your looking for I have a lot of MC68B09P - 8-Bit Microprocessing Unit - Motorola, Inc It's a 40 pin pdip and totally capably with the 6800

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back