Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gamepad -> PIC 16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

anhcuibap

Hello everyone!
I don't know how to connect a gamepad to PIC 16F877A.can you help me?
I need the circuit anh code for gamepad comunicating with PIC16F87A.Thanks!

Read this product's manual:
**broken link removed**

If I remember right it has details on the physical connections required for a PlayStation 2 controller.

Depends on the controller. I have few ps2 controlelrs here (and a few wireless ones :p ) that I haven't got round to interfacing.... but it could be SPI (or an SPI-like serial protocol) or if its a basic game pad, just buttons.

First step would be google. Search for your gamepad, and its pinout, that would as least give some clue to its 'protocol'. For example 'clk' and 'data' lines would indicate a synchronous serial type affair... 'B1, B2, B3' would seem to be direct connections to buttons on the gamepad. You've probably got a console gamepad, like the PS2, or Xbox, both I believe use SPI, which the 877A has a hardware module for, so you could write a test program, with an LCD, or a serial connection to your PC (hyperterminal) that just reads the data from the gamepad, and displays it in raw hex. So at least you can find out what buttons/sticks send what data.

Blueteeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back