Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Futurlec order experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's really much risk just hassle, it's the way they do buisness, irritates the hell out of me, but if you want to save money they get my vote. Dawny, good luck getting an answer I had one item that was placed on backorder (silently of course) could never get any kind of answer out of them, I cancled that item because of it. You may end up waiting longer, they won't steal your money but they won't special order a damn thing till they're making money on it. E-mail them and ask them to ship any part of the order that is complete, I did and everything but the one item that was holding it up was shipped almost immediatly.

Dawny said:
The reason I was asking is because I put an order in on the 11/03/08 and well it's now getting close to two months later and still not a word on the order.

Dawn

Did you get an Email about any out of stock items? They sent me an Email about a week after I placed my order about the sensor being on order (out of stock), and an update every few weeks. Usually just a one line message.

If you haven't heard anything, might try writing them.

Ordered on Feb 22, received today, May 12. 10X longer than any past order, but worth it. The barometric sensors are tiny, humidity are about twice the size.

Got some 5x8 led matrix, which turned out to be huge (about 4 times larger then expected, much nicer). Have to sit down and learn me that british measuring system sometime...

Anyway, got everything I ordered, no unauthorized charges, but will double check my bank statement next couple of months. Don't expect any problems, nothing in the past. They just run their business differently then everyone else, tough to compare.

HarveyH42 said:
Ordered on Feb 22, received today, May 12. 10X longer than any past order, but worth it. The barometric sensors are tiny, humidity are about twice the size.

Got some 5x8 led matrix, which turned out to be huge (about 4 times larger then expected, much nicer). Have to sit down and learn me that british measuring system sometime...

Anyway, got everything I ordered, no unauthorized charges, but will double check my bank statement next couple of months. Don't expect any problems, nothing in the past. They just run their business differently then everyone else, tough to compare.

we used to have a joke around hotels, towards undue delay. "It appears that the hotel guy will sow / grow the wheat after you order, and then get you the bread"

Like wise, some firms get procure the material after firm order and then supply.

Dawny said:
The reason I was asking is because I put an order in on the 11/03/08 and well it's now getting close to two months later and still not a word on the order.

Dawn
Dawny, what is he great component that you did not find in Australia and had to order at US? I feel there is RS Components branch of UK in Australia, in addition to many other local firms like he great Dick Smith

An update.

My last two Futurlec orders were sent return receipt required. Apparently enough of their packages were getting lost and they now use tracking. That would be good news.

This order came in a few days under a month. That is not a problem in that I never order anything I am out of or anxious to get.

A few surprises. I order an Ceramic Capacitor Pack CERPAK. I was surprised when each value was bagged and labeled. 12 values. The multi layer assortment MULTIPACK contained 16 bagged values. It does not look like a leftovers assortment.

My last two Futurlec orders were sent return receipt required. Apparently enough of their packages were getting lost and they now use tracking. That would be good news.

This order came in a few days under a month. That is not a problem in that I never order anything I am out of or anxious to get.

A few surprises. I order an Ceramic Capacitor Pack CERPAK. I was surprised when each value was bagged and labeled. 12 values. The multi layer assortment MULTIPACK contained 16 bagged values. It does not look like a leftovers assortment.

Yeah, I had to sign for my last on too. It came much quicker as well, only 13 days from when I placed the order, until I received it.

Yes, all their 'Value Packs' come that way. Usually get one or two with each order. They are all new parts, the assortment are all common values, and like you said, individually marked and packaged. The semiconductors don't contain 'house marked' parts either. I don't know any other place that does this.

I've had 3 orders this year, and have gotten everything I ordered, no issues except one took a long time (back ordered sensor, almost 3 months). I'm sure that Digikey and Mouser have occasional quality or billing issues, they just have better customer service, and quick to resolve these issues. After reading the horror stories here, and a couple of other forums, I still have a high level of confidence with Futurlec, and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again, and again...

I wish Futurlec would be more up-front...

I ordered from Futurlec without knowing that ALL their parts come from Thailand, that they only have a Sales Office here in the U.S. I also believed them when they incorrectly said "In Stock" on one of my items when it wasn't. And I didn't even need this extra item, I just ordered it as a nice-to-have, but it delayed my whole order.

I wish when they write to me (which I have to beg them to do), that they tell me the real shipping time based upon users past experience, it is not 7-10 days, it is more likely to be 2-3 weeks or longer. They could blame local customs or the Department of Homeland Security and I wouldn't mind. The biggest problem with Futurelec is BROKEN EXPECTATIONS. If they set my expectations low, and they meet them, then I am content.

The could use their order status web site more, they need to update it automatically and then they can stop answering emails.

They need to allow me to split an order into two portions: those items really in-stock, and those back-ordered or being manufactured. If they offer this to me then I would be even willing to pay two sets of shipping costs, or at least make an informed decision.

Also I find it disturbing that they charge my credit card immediately, they really need to change their process so that they only charge my card UPON shipping.

And again, like others I have found that the Thailand Post Office tracking web site http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx does not show my order, even when I format the tracking number as they expect it (futurlec adds spaces). Also no wonder a previous person in this thread couldn't find the item at the USPS site!

So, I have one order confirmed on the 22nd July, but with back-order issues, shipped (so they say) on 8th August and they say it should arrive in 7-10 days... so then it will be here at the latest on the 18th of August....Wait a minute, today is the 27th...Oh well :-(

I have another order I put in on 15th August for more wonderful things at a very nice price... maybe I will get it my Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back