Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Future 8-bit PIC microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng1

I was reading some information about future PIC12F1xxx and PIC16F1xxx microcontrollers on the Microchip website.
They look pretty interesting! :)

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Larger stack-good!
Better way of pointing at memory-much better!
file registers(more and better)
Much better register map.
PICs need help with interrupts.
Interrupt saves registers!!!!!!

I like the "Serial Comms ISR" speed and code reduction. Gonna rock!

Cool look at this: (under "The 12 Common Core Special Function Registers (SFRs) are" and Above: "Highlighted registers are automatically saved on any interrupt and automatically restored on a return")
**broken link removed**

Migration et al

They seem to be putting this new 16Fs in condition to compete somehow with similar 18Fs.

From a practical point of view is like starting with a new family, albeit somewhat similar to the old 16F. Isn't it?

Perhaps the 16F engineers are working hard to justify their jobs. With so may 16F offerings another would barely cause a ripple, the core is the next obvious choice.

I like what they did.
3v0

They seem to be putting this new 16Fs in condition to compete somehow with similar 18Fs.

From a practical point of view is like starting with a new family, albeit somewhat similar to the old 16F. Isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back