Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fun project with motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

compute_a_nerd

Hy guys. This isn't completely about electronics, but is a little bit. I have 3 weed eater engines, and an 8hp horizontal shaft motor. I want to know if anyone has any good ideas of what I could build with them.
Thanks a lot.
Chris

I was thinking about a go-cart, but still am not sure, thought I would get a few more ideas first
Thanks
Chris

Weedeater motors:
Did you keep the clutches for the weedeater motors?
R/C boat engine(s) (3 engine design with would sound nice at full throttle)
Compact portable generator. Use a shaft coupler to direct drive a generator, build into a compact box with regulator.
Auxillary bike motor.
Gas powered drill? :)
Build a 3 engined UAV, use electronics to control engine speed for stabilization.

Vertical shaft: Mosfet has the right idea for these beasts. Nonmobile application. Power:weight ratio is not good but they'll usually run forever.

Gas powered drill? :)

Don't laugh at that one... we use them for drilling in power poles, when the supply is off. (Though we sometimes use air-powered equipment. Ever seen an air-powered chainsaw??)

These are all great Ideas, I think the boat idea sounds fun. Does anyone have any plans or anything?
Thanks a lot.
Chris.
p.s. that air powered chainsaw sounds cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back