Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fully Automatic Xbox 360 Controller-Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

I was wondering if it would be possible to build a project to turn a regular Xbox 360 controller into a fully-automatic one[right trigger only]. As it is, there is one project, but it only fires at around 6 times a second-I can go faster with my finger. I was thinking it might be possible to modify the project to increase the ROF to something absurdly fast[like a fast osscilator or something]. I am new to electronics, any help would be appreciated:) .

Here is the project:
http://cparsell.googlepages.com/555timerrapidfire

The 555 timer is adjustable by changing the R1 R2 and C1 values. There are all sorts of calculators for them on the net. just google 555 timer calculator.

It looks like you can just change the value of R2 to change the freq. cutting the value in half (use a 50K instead of the 100K) will double the frequency.

You could probably do it just by removing the debounce circuit from a normal Xbox controller =) Otherwise you're going to be limited to the rate the debounce circuit allows which is likley going to be very close to the maximum a human can reproduce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back