Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full-bridge transistor dead-time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm927

Does anyone know about how much dead-time would be needed between switching the two sets of transistors on a full-bridge inverter circuit?

I realize that Mosfet transistors have a tdelay(on), tdelay(off), and fall and rise time delays. In finding out the total switching time delay time of the transistors, would I simply add the tdelay(on) and the tdelay(off)?

rise and fall time

:D hi,

if you really want to know the rise & fall time, check the datasheet of the mosfet you are using. what are you trying to power up that speed of switching is imperative? :)

I am trying to power a full-bridge inverter. I have some delay time between switching, but the circuit shorts out when 100VDC is applied to the input rails. I just want to make sure the deadtime is enough.

Since one transistor is turning on while the other is turning off, the difference in delay time is of concern, not the sum. Since the Td(off) is longest, usually, If you add Td(off) +T(fall) and double it for safety, that will be OK. Something in the order of 200 nS, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back