Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full Bridge Rectify an audio signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on a project that turns on LED's with low frequencies.

I'm switching a FET with the positive alternation. However, this is only giving me 50% duty cycle. I was thinking of putting a full bridge rectifier before the FET to produce a near %100 duty cycle.

Is this possible? If so, where am I connecting the inputs of the rectifier?

Here is a picture of a rectifier to reference diode junctions.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Here is a link to op amp rectifiers. That is probably the way to go.

**broken link removed**

A full-wave bridge rectifier requires an isolated source (such as the transformer shown) which I assume you do not have.

One way to full-wave rectify an audio signal is to use a precision rectifier (see figures 4, 5, and 6). Those circuits also have the advantage of essentially canceling the forward drop of the diodes.

Edit: ronv, you beat me my a few minutes.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks. The hollow triangle on the bottom of those circuits that aren't connected to anything are ground, correct?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back