Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fujitsu PDS4208 42" Plasma Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lh120503

This plasma telly uses Mosfet modules in the plasma drive output stages, I need data on these as I have a dead one. I have removed it, verified the fault but can find no data anywhere. Fujitsu are extremely unhelpfull wanting over 500 quid to fix, i dont think so. If I could find data on the hybrid module I could build something to replace it.I am a switch mode design engineer and consultant so all i need is the data. The modules have 16 pins each side with a black heatsink, the numbers on the side of the heatsink are NA18100-300901 and NA18100-300911, there are one of each type for each drive panel, ie 2 of each in total. Any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Lee

lh120503 said:
This plasma telly uses Mosfet modules in the plasma drive output stages, I need data on these as I have a dead one. I have removed it, verified the fault but can find no data anywhere. Fujitsu are extremely unhelpfull wanting over 500 quid to fix, i dont think so. If I could find data on the hybrid module I could build something to replace it.I am a switch mode design engineer and consultant so all i need is the data. The modules have 16 pins each side with a black heatsink, the numbers on the side of the heatsink are NA18100-300901 and NA18100-300911, there are one of each type for each drive panel, ie 2 of each in total. Any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Lee

Since found out these modules are manufactured by FDK for Fujitsu, now trying to use my colleagues in Hong Kong and China to source and help. Will keep this forum posted.

Lee

HI
Did you find any servive manual or schematic diagram for that PDP ?
I've got different problem. My PDP work fine for 5 min and then switch off.

regards

Gostek said:
HI

regards

Apparently that's a common problem with them, it's impossible to get any sense out of Fujitsu in the UK!, but from what I can gather it's usually the PDP (Plasma Display Panel) that causes it!.

I've got one here that goes off as well, but usually after around an hour.

Ok, if it is a power supply fault I have found replacement parts for most of the unit. Is it now just a case of changing the power supply board for a new one and powering it up or is there anything else I should be looking at replacing?? Repair shops around here are rubbish at the best of time with no experience of plasmas at all... I'm sure someone out there can help me?

Mavrick_001 said:
Ok, if it is a power supply fault I have found replacement parts for most of the unit. Is it now just a case of changing the power supply board for a new one and powering it up or is there anything else I should be looking at replacing?? Repair shops around here are rubbish at the best of time with no experience of plasmas at all... I'm sure someone out there can help me?

Changing panels at random is a VERY expensive way to fault find, first off I suggest you get a service manual for the set - the Fujitsu manuals aren't terribly helpful (no circuits for a start), but they do give procedures to try and find which panel is at fault!.

Mavrick_001 said:
Thanks Nigel, any ideas as to where I might find one??

You don't have your location filled in, so I've no idea where you might be?, but I suggest you try and find Fujitsu in your country, they should refer you to the service agents.

lh120503 said:
Since found out these modules are manufactured by FDK for Fujitsu, now trying to use my colleagues in Hong Kong and China to source and help. Will keep this forum posted.

Lee
i have found a company in honkong who supplies the plasma drive modules the sight address is **broken link removed** hope this will be of help to you

Plasma PDP problems

I guess some of your are having problems with the plasma pdp. First Fujitsu will not release any info on there products for repair. When it comes to repairing their plasma tvs they will just send u another. I work on Plasmas for Philips. and several of philips plasmas use Fujitsu panels and Fijitsu does not want their panels repaired just send the customer a new tv. Other manufactures are pretty much the same, Samsung, NEC

U have lights and power but no display? But do u have audio ? if yes, if menu screen will show up check to see if tv is set in audio only mode. If no check voltages on psu there should be a sticker on back of plasma with voltages for your different outputs (V-scan, V-set, Va, Ve, etc.) If voltages check out u should be able to do a white screen test with the pdp. look on psu to see if there are 2 jumpers points and one on the logic board.

Gostek said:
HI

regards
If your pdp works fine for 5 minutes then shuts off. Does it make and noise before it shuts off? Do u lose picture before it shuts off? Does the front of tv led flash an error code? Possible the SSB (small signal board

I have fujitsu P42HHA30 plasma since 2003, never had any issues. Recently, all of a sudden my screen would turn off and red status light flashes. I have to pull the power cord out of the wall, wait untill it makes ''clicking'' sound, then plug it back in and turn the power back on. It works but overnight, if I try to turn it back on in the morning same thing usually happens. Can anyone please provide me with more info on what's going on and maybe some suggestions what to do. Someone told me there may be a problem with power supply. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

igoryek69 said:
I have fujitsu P42HHA30 plasma since 2003, never had any issues. Recently, all of a sudden my screen would turn off and red status light flashes. I have to pull the power cord out of the wall, wait untill it makes ''clicking'' sound, then plug it back in and turn the power back on. It works but overnight, if I try to turn it back on in the morning same thing usually happens. Can anyone please provide me with more info on what's going on and maybe some suggestions what to do. Someone told me there may be a problem with power supply. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Could be anything? - but it's a VERY common problem, one possibility is the PDP itself. However, as Fujitsu seem totally unable to supply either parts or even the cost of the parts, we scrapped the one we had for repair.

i have a pds4209u-b and it will power on and off(green light, red light)but thats it. any thoughts on a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back