Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fujitsu 63" PlasmaVision W HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaCJaX

Hello all,

I have 2 63" Fujitsu Plasma displays model P63XHA30WS. Both have similar issues. One of them will work perfectly for a few days or so then will display blue vertical pin-strip lines about 1 1/2" apart and about 1/8" thick. They will come and go depending on the image displayed and will last anywhere from 20 minutes to the rest of the day. They do not go away after a power down and might come still be there the next day.

The other plasma has the same blue line but only one half way down the screen and it's there all the time.

I was thinking the the first one has a bad capactior which seems to discharge after time causing the lines and then recharging, causing the lines to disapear. Do you guys think I need a new power supply board ? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!!

I would say that both almost certainly require a new plasma panel, although you could try swapping the X-sus and Y-sus boards between them, and see if the faults change. Those boards were originally part of the PDP, but (due to their low reliability) are now often available as a spare part.

However, good luck getting spares (or even prices) out of Fujitsu.

Thank you for taking the time out to answer my question, although I wish it were better news, lol...Anyway, I will try switching the boards out and let you know what happens....Thanks, again !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back