Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuel Dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipsyde412

Can anybody give me any idea how to build a fuel dispenser, i mean what are the parts to be needed in building a prototype. We propose that kind of project in our school but the problem my is what part i should build first. Can anyone of you have an idea what are the most important digital electronic parts needed in building it, this project is under our advance logic circuits and switching any idea would be appreciate a lot thanks...we want to used an LCD display such as that from a calculator. Is there a configuration for that. Also where can i find how to interface a 4x4 keypad any recommend site...
Its a gasoline dispenser prototype.

Knives...

Last edited:
While I'm thinking about that, I believe I'll go dispense (by hand) another chunk of firewood (the fuel) into the wood stove (the consumer). It's going to be cold tonight. Oh, yeah. That's once. (count).

Attachments

• up-dwn cntr.PNG
    up-dwn cntr.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
What sort of fuel dispenser?

Liquid, solid, gas?

You could use a ballance to weigh the fuel.

Using calculator displays isn't easy, I would say it's damn near impossible because they display is joined to the PCB with a piece of conductive rubber, once you remove it it's hard to reattach it to the same PCB let alone another home made PCB.

Also note, that this is your project, we don't mind helping you but we won't do all the work for you.

Flipsyde412 said:
Its a gasoline dispenser prototype.
Thanks' for answering my question by editing your post.

Perhaps you could use an automotive fuel pump, you could work out the flow rate by timing how long it takes to pump a know quantity of petrol then you can work out how long you need to run it for to dispense a known quantity.

Do not experiment with water though if you're planning to use a fuel pump because you will ruin the pump, it's not designed for pumping water and will go rusty very quickly.

Obviously you need to be careful, only use solid state switches, no switches with contactls like relays, they can cause sparks which will ignite the fuel.

Can anyone help me how to display numbers to a LCD display using a 3x4 keypad its my first stage in making my fuel dispenser.

You don't intend to use a calculator display do you?

If so good luck removing it from the PCB and attaching it to your home built PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back